Verified Voting (www.verifiedvoting.org), founded by computer scientists in 2004, is a leading national not-for-profit, non-partisan organization focused exclusively on the critical role technology plays in election administration. Through education and advocacy, our mission is to strengthen democracy for all voters by promoting the responsible use of technology in elections. Now more than ever, Verified Voting’s work is influential and necessary.
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to support our mission-driven team. The person will work directly with and report to the organization’s President. The ideal candidate is a dependable, detail oriented, self-directed decision maker prepared to play a key role in expanding the organization’s capacity to achieve its mission. This is a full-time position.
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to President, Development, Communications, and Program team as needed
- Assist with data entry and integrity for CRM and email management systems
- Maintain organizational and executive calendars
- Keep personnel files and manage staff timesheet records
- Organize and systematize files
- Facilitate internal communications
- Support event and meeting planning, including managing inventory of materials, and tracking and shipping
- Handle routine office clerical tasks, such as reordering office supplies, monitoring and responding to basic organizational inquiries and correspondence, and pulling together packets of donor/informational materials
- Manage VV’s president’s schedule (e.g. coordinating calls and travel logistics)
- Make team travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and making hotel and restaurant reservations
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and achieve deadlines under pressure
- Proficient in MS Office, especially Microsoft Excel, and Google Suite of apps
- Excellent time management and recordkeeping
- Experience with platforms including Salesforce, MailChimp, Asana, Zoom, Dropbox or Slack, or the ability to get up to speed quickly.
- Trustworthy with a professional demeanor and mature ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
This position is located in Verified Voting’s headquarters in Philadelphia, PA. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary range $45K-$50K commensurate with experience.
We value multiple perspectives and viewpoints from diverse constituencies because we recognize that diversity informs more effective solutions. We value the wide-ranging perspectives that our colleagues and collaborators bring to the table and we create an environment for all voices to be heard. Verified Voting is an equal opportunity employer.