Are you interested in voting and democracy? Are you looking for an opportunity to build a fundraising program within a growing non-profit with the potential for advancement? Verified Voting, a national non-partisan organization safeguarding elections in the digital age, has an opening in its Philadelphia office for a development and outreach coordinator. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated problem solver seeking the challenge of building organizational infrastructure while launching a dynamic national campaign. This position reports directly to the President.
- Draft, assemble, and submit proposals, LOI’s and grant reports
- Lead prospect research and moves management processes
- Coordinate donor cultivation and stewardship activities and production of supporting materials
- Manage the annual fund drive to include on-line outreach and giving
- Develop online fundraising strategies and campaigns
- Participate in the budgeting process
- Maintain the existing Salesforce contact management system
- Staff the President and Board
- Work with communications staff to expand public outreach and engagement
- BA/BS Degree
- Minimum of three years development experience
- Adept with basic Salesforce functions, familiarity with Asana a plus
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Finely-tuned interpersonal skills
- Must be detail oriented with a love for organizing
- Commitment to inclusion and equity
- Ability to work independently and remotely
Starting salary ranges from $65,000-$75,000 annually dependent on experience plus up to $500 per month in flexible benefits contributions, two weeks vacation and two weeks sick leave, and federal holidays.
Verified Voting is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive hiring.
Please email a resume, cover letter and writing sample to: email@example.com.
About Verified Voting Foundation:
The unprecedented events of the 2016 election cycle focused the nation’s attention once again on the machinery of democracy – the security and verifiability of our nation’s voting machines and elections infrastructure. This intense scrutiny has accelerated the need for a coordinated national response to strengthen our electoral processes. Verified Voting (www.verifiedvoting.org), founded by computer scientists in 2004, is a leading national not-for-profit, non-partisan organization focused exclusively on the critical role technology plays in election administration. Through education and advocacy our mission is to safeguard elections in the digital age, protecting the fundamental right to vote where voting intersects technology. Partnering with other advocacy organizations, Verified Voting advocates for changes in policy, procedures and law that will advance the goal of ensuring our elections are secure and verifiable and serves as a “go to” resource on issues of voting technology. Download this page in PDF format