Are you a self-starter who enjoys responsibility and leadership? Are you a team player who takes pride in your ability to get the job done? Would you like an opportunity to make a real difference in our democracy at such a sensitive time in our country’s history?
Verified Voting a national non-partisan organization safeguarding elections in the digital age, seeks a Finance and Operations coordinator for its Philadelphia office.
- Track all financial transactions from fundraising, budget, payroll and outside consultants to maintain 501(c)(3) status and to facilitate the organization’s goals.
- Determine and classify all financial transactions into proper budget categories so the organization can powerfully and purposefully present its budget to the Board and donors
- Serve as liaison between bookkeeper, accountant and President, supporting preparation of annual 990 and audit
- Ensure all financial dealings of the organization are tracked and processed expeditiously
- Coordinate monthly financial reporting and support budget preparation process
- Adhere to all regulatory compliance and insurance renewal deadlines and support proper regulatory filings to maintain non-profit and corporate entity status
- Establish and maintain institutional recordkeeping systems for all organizational administrative and financial records to ensure continuity of operations
- Willing to contribute to other tasks as needed for organizational priorities and growth
- Communicate with the President consistently to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Facilitate internal communications among virtual team members including IT needs
- Coordinate donor cultivation and stewardship activities events
- Maintain accuracy of data in Salesforce and Quickbooks.
- BA/BS Degree
- Minimum of two or more years financial experience
- Experience with Quickbooks, Salesforce required; G-suite, Drobox, Slack, Asana preferred
- Knowledge of accounting principles and best practices for non-profits
- Solid writing and editing skills
- Strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Self-starter who is highly organized and has enormous pride in getting the job done well and on time.
- Enjoy working in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and act with integrity
- Effective time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Background check will be required of potential candidates
Starting salary ranges from $50,000-$60,000 depending upon experience plus up to $500 per month in flexible benefits contributions, two weeks paid vacation and two weeks paid sick leave, and federal holidays.
Verified Voting is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive hiring.
Please email a resume, cover letter and writing sample to: email@example.com.
About Verified Voting Foundation:
The unprecedented events of the 2016 election cycle focused the nation’s attention once again on the machinery of democracy – the security and verifiability of our nation’s voting machines and elections infrastructure. This intense scrutiny has accelerated the need for a coordinated national response to strengthen our electoral processes. Verified Voting (www.verifiedvoting.org), founded by computer scientists in 2004, is a leading national not-for-profit, non-partisan organization focused exclusively on the critical role technology plays in election administration. Through education and advocacy our mission is to safeguard elections in the digital age, protecting the fundamental right to vote where voting intersects technology. Partnering with other advocacy organizations, Verified Voting advocates for changes in policy, procedures and law that will advance the goal of ensuring our elections are secure and verifiable and serves as a “go to” resource on issues of voting technology.